When you practice being present, you’re building good habits for your future well-being. Present moment awareness over time has also been found to decrease stress and abrupt changes in your mood because you have more control over your thoughts.
- Accept things as they are – not how you want them to be
- Be mindful of everything you do – place your attention on what you’re doing
- Take a break from social media and technology – checking your phone constantly can prevent you from being mindful of what is going on around you
- Focus on one thing at a time – stop multitasking
- Practice mindfulness meditation – take a self-care day to take care of yourself.